Others (under construction)

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gingerbread Houses - Trial Run

A few days ago, Anne (Aspirers Youth Leader) asked if I could make a gingerbread house for the Aspirers Christmas party next month. I hesitated because I haven't mastered the cement, also known as the royal icing to glue the pieces together to make it into a house.

I thought maybe I should have a trial run first, so yesterday I called Becky to see if she wanted to help and she was like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I also asked if we could use her kitchen to set up the houses. It wasn't a problem, she said. 



So I made the house pieces and with the left overs, I made some gingerbread men.
Notice my plug? After baking, I tried to pull it out from the socket, but I couldn't. The next day, Mctc helped to pull it out and lo and behold...the plug was a goner. The socket was damaged too. We had to call an electrician to replace the socket and plug.


The next day, my sis and I arrived at Becky's house at 4pm. Liz was there too. Yay! The more the merrier. :D
I made the cement while the others set up the table and arrange the house pieces. I made 3 different houses.


My cement worked. The secret was, to beat it for at least 10 minutes!!!


The girls were having fun decorating the houses.

Here's Becky's masterpiece.


And here's Liz's.

The girls and their men. :D


Becky's doing an operation on one of the men.


Having fun mixing the colours.



It was nearly 8 pm when we were done.

We cleaned up the kitchen and and called Shaphan, another youth, to yam char with us. We passed the biggest gingerbread house to him because we don't know what to do with it. :D On the way to the shop, we called Jian to join us too.

Some random pictures of the youths at the makan shop.

It was certainly a fun evening. :D

No comments: