Others (under construction)

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Forgotten Barbie Doll

Last week I had a shock of my life when I saw termites attacking the boxes in my storeroom. It wasn't a pleasant day because I had to go through my junk to check how much damage the termites had done.

One of the items I managed to save was this barbie doll. I bought it in Singapore some time back and it was meant as a gift to someone special. Not anymore, because the hard plastic cover had some termite markings on them, so I cut open the cover and took out this beautiful barbie doll.

Now it is left sitting prettily on a box on my dining table. I am hesitant to introduce this doll to my 2 other barbie dolls.

They looked too tom-boyish for the new barbie doll.

When I was young I did not own a barbie doll. In fact barbie dolls were not create till I was .. um.. in my early 20s?? Or maybe i didn't know that barbie existed till I was in my 20s. It was too expensive to own one then. Okay, maybe I could have afforded it, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on a barbie doll.
My ex-colleague left to work in America and when she was going to come back to Malaysia for a short vacation, she asked if I wanted anything. Immediately I told her that I wouldn't mind a barbie doll, and so she got me one (the one sitting on the right). That was my 1st barbie doll.

A few years ago, when Ruth was still here, I went with her to Toy-R-Us. The dolls were on offer, and I think I got the one sitting on the left one for RM14.90.

I now have 3 barbie dolls. :) Should I name them?

No comments: