Others (under construction)

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend's Gone

We were suppose to bring Sze-En, Brian and Mae-Z to Jeram Toi. I reminded Sze-En last week that we were going to Jeram Toi today and her reply was (without looking at me)," I'm not sure whether I would busy on that day." She got scolding from her mother immediately.

This morning she said that she doesn't want to go to Jeram Toi. She had some kind of excuse, but later we found out that she had made an appointment with her friend to go to the S2 City Park. Because of her, we call off the trip to the waterfalls.

Rachel and I discussed plan B. We wanted to check out the beach in Bagan Lalang (somewhere in Sepang), but someone said the F1 race starts today at.. 4pm I think. So, that option is also out. In the end we went back to my house to collect my computer and some baking stuff.

Having nothing better to do, I baked a cake for someone I would be seeing tomorrow and Rach made Kuih Kodok (Banana fritters) and dadih (pudding). And here am I blogging about today.

Other news - yesterday was "ching ming" (Chinese All Souls Day). I was in KL shopping. I came across this big banner hung on one of the buildings in KL.

It was a picture of our new Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. On Friday, 3 April 2009 at 10AM, he was sworn in as the 6th Prime Minister of Malaysia.

Our first Prime Minister was called Tunku Abdul RAHMAN Putra Al-Haj (1957-1971)
2nd Prime Minister - Tun Abdul Razak b. Hussein (1971-1976)
3rd Prime Minister - Tun Hussein b Onn (1976 - 1981)
4th Prime Minister - Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (1981 - 2003)
5th Prime Minister - Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (2003 - 2009)
6th and current Prime Minister - Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak

Isn't a coincidence that the initials of all six prime ministers made up the name of our first prime minister?

3 comments:

Ruth said...

So what are your thoughts about Najib? some are nervous I heard, others not as much.

korpun said...

Can we predict the seventh prime minister's name according the initials!? I hope the sixth prime minister is a good leader!

euniceta said...

Ruth... :)

Korpun - I hope so too.