Others (under construction)

Monday, June 29, 2009

Sarawak River Cruise

Someone told Aunt Annie this - it's okay to miss other tourist attractions in Kuching but not the Sarawak River Cruise.

So here we are waiting to board the ship. Esther managed to get cheaper tickets for us. Initially it was RM60 per adult and RM30 per kid. There were 5 adults (Esther didn't want to go) and 2 kids and the person in charge gave us a RM60 discount. We only paid RM300 for 7 of us.

The kids were so excited. They have never been on a cruise before.


Boarding the ship. It's not a big ship. According to the brochure, the ship could hold a maximum of 138 persons.

This is the lower deck. It was air-conditioned and I guess, they allow you to have your karaoke session here.


We all prefer to go up to the upper deck to enjoy the view.


Sze-En and Brian were waiting patiently for the ship to move.

Photos taken of the warerfront sidewalk from the upper deck.


It was going to be a good cruise I could tell. The weather was hot but there was a nice breeze too.


We could see Fort Margherita over at the other side of the river. We did not go to this tourist spot because we heard it was closed on Monday and Monday was the only day left we could visit this place.

Some pictures to prove that we went for this cruise.


We saw many sampans (boats) along the way but not as many as the ones I saw during the Kuantan River Cruise.


Welcoming drinks and snacks for everyone.


On of the waitress performed a cultural dance for us.


We could see a mosque from here. I'm not sure whether this is the State's mosque.


And a mountain.. what mountain is that? Mount Santubong?


The sunset view was really good. My compact camera is not high-teched enough to take better shots. :(


The children really enjoyed themselves. They didn't want to sit down and enjoy the view and poor Aunt Eunice had to accompany them to the front because that was where they wanted to be.

At least twice I made the children follow me back to the sitting area just to take pictures of the aunties. Otherwise they will scold me for not doing so. :(


Sunset pic.

Ha! Never thought I would enjoy the view this much.


People living along the banks of the river.


Evening sun. Again I wished I had a DSLR.


Passengers at the upper deck sitting down and having a nice relaxing time while Sze-En, Brian and I were roaming all over the upper deck. Most of the time my dad was standing in front of the upper deck.


Another dance performed by the waitresses. Sze-En wanted to see them perform, but Brian preferred to watch the sunset. I couldn't be at 2 places at one time, so I told Brian that we would go and see the performance for a while and then come back to the front to watch the sunset. He obediently agreed. Such a well-mannered boy. :)


The sun's completely gone but it coloured the sky from where it was.


Darkness had descended and soon it was time to leave the ship.

For RM60 with a discount, I must say the cruise is a bit pricey for one and a half hours. I don't think I will go for it again unless with good company. It's one of those been there done that kind of thing. This is my personal opinion and some of you might disagree. :)

No comments: