Others (under construction)

Monday, February 16, 2009

Contentment

What is contentment?

This is a question put forth to us by our cell leader last Friday.

That's a big question.

One answered "being satisfied"

Another had a longer answer. Whatever the circumstances, whatever situation or problems you are going through, whether good or bad, if you can live with it and be satisfied, that is contentment.

Then the cell leader looked at me expectantly and after a few seconds of silence from me, she said "Eunice, I think you are a very contented person." In my heart I said, "Whaaaaat?" Aloud I said "No, I don't think I am".

Now, when I have more time to think whether I am contented or not, well as long as I don't think about myself and compare with others, I am fine. I guess I'll have to live with whatever I have , whatever I'm going through and find peace within myself. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm a content person. I'm in balance with myself and able to live my life as I like. One should not compare himself/herself with others - there are always people who are more or less content.

Ruth said...

I guess St Paul had it when he mentioned he knew "how to have much and how to have little". Guess that is one part of it. ? Letting go of what isn't and being grateful for what we do have, I think... ?? but at the same time hoping, striving, for what we are supposed to become. ?? Is that right?