Others (under construction)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Slippers

I'm not a fashion crazy person. Once in a while when something catches my eye, I will check if it's worth it to buy or do I really need it. Sometimes out of "gila-ness" (craziness), I will just grab and proceed to the nearest counter for payment.

I like unique and sturdy shoes/slippers.

Okay, this is a very old pair of slippers. I bought it in Thailand 1 1/2 years ago. It's still going on strong, much to my amazement. Usually my foot wear will probably last less than 6 months.

On the 29th of December 2008, I went shopping with Rachel and Min Chee. I bought a pair of slippers. Cost me RM37.90 less 20%. I was very happy about the discount but wondered how long this pair of slippers could last.

Not surprisingly, it lasted only 1 month month before something broke.

Two beads came off. Well, I guess I could either sew them on again or just stick them with elephant glue or something. Or.... (excited)...

I could buy more of the same kind... hehe.

Actually, right after I bought my first pair, Tusi saw them and said she liked it a lot. So two weeks later, I went to the same shop to get her a pair. It was on 50%. It's so cheap - less 50% off RM37.90. I couldn't resist buying another pair for myself (because I knew the first pair wouldn't last) so I bought 2 pairs that day.

It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of purchase and yes, I was a little crazy that day, but boy, was I glad I bought them .:)

No comments: