Others (under construction)

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Riverboat ride in Kuching, Sarawak

On the way back from church, we passed by the Kuching Waterfront. This is the Sarawak river which flows into the heart of Kuching City and till this day many Sarawakians still used the riverboats to get to the other side of the river.

We were strolling along the waterfront, admiring the view, wishing that there was a river as wide as the Sarawak river in Seremban when we saw people getting out from a riverboat.

Feeling excited for the kids, Esther checked out the price of the boat ride. She told him that we just wanted to go to the other end of the river and back to the starting point. He wanted RM5 and we thought we had a good deal. I read somewhere that it cost RM1 per person to get to the other side of the river. Much later we found out that it only cost us 40cents per one way.

I guess we got cheated because there were 2 other passengers beside us. My parents and the aunties didn't want to experience the boat ride, so the 4 of us, Esther, Sze-En, Brian and I went in the boat and made sure we were seated evenly. Even Sze-En knew that if she would sit next to Brian, the boat might be lopsided.


It was a lovely ride. I think we only sat in the boat for less than 10 minutes. He boatman asked us if we wanted him to take us further and it would only cost us RM10. We said no because my parents and aunties were waiting for us.

Hmm... I'm surprised that Esther could take this ride. I thought she would get sea-sick.


Soon it was time to leave the boat. I could see that the kids really enjoyed the ride.

No comments: