Others (under construction)

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Easy Double Chocolate Chip Brownies

I always like to try out brownies recipes. I guess it's because 1 Christmas, I attended a friend's party (year 2003 or 2004) and she had to buy the brownies from KL, and it cost her RM90 for 1 tray. I thought it was pretty expensive at that time.

So when Ruth gave me her small oven in 2005, one of my first cakes were brownies. It didn't turn out well. It fact, it was hard as a rock. My sisters, especially the elder sister was quite supportive. She ate some and thought it taste good. My other sister was more frank. I think ever since my first few cakes, she didn't really want to try my cakes anymore.. haha.

So I made a few before I realised that the oven is small and tend to be cook faster than average ovens. So I had to play about with the oven temperature before I got the right degree. By this time, I think I made about 8-10 cakes. The elder sister took them to her office and force all her colleagues to eat.

So when I finally found the right recipe for a good chocolate brownies, they all (my elder sister and her colleagues) benefited. They loved it so much.

I've been buying a lot of recipe books, especially on desserts, cakes and cookies. Here's the latest one from Publications International Ltd entitled, "Favorite Brand Name Recipes - Gifts from the kitchen".

It looks good doesn't it? And the word "easy" made me want to try.

Here's the recipe for those who wants to try. I didn't actually follow all the ingredients. In fact, I think I added more chocolate (8 ounce extra) than required, by accident of course. And for those who prefer less sugar, just reduce it to 1/3 cup instead of 1 cup. I reduced mine to 1/2 cup but many still say it's sweet.I think the chocolate contributed to the sweetness. I added some cocoa powder too, to make it more yummy.

So here it is, the cake, just about to go into the oven.

And the cake when it's out of the oven. Look so moist and it's really yummy. I brought it to cell yesterday. Couldn't finish, but the cell members "ta pao"(packed) home to eat.

No comments: