Others (under construction)

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A New Job


I was at a meeting yesterday when someone asked if I wanted to be the treasurer for the Red Crescent Society. I was stumped for a moment and that person interpreted my silence as a negative answer. After a while I began asking some questions about it and thought, hey it could be interesting to manage the accounts for a charity organisation. The job's not so tough- I would be doing only the district's accounts, only 1 major collection during flag day, a few cheques to issue a month and closing of the financial year in December. Easy right?

(Whenever people ask if I could help them in their accounts, my first question is... when is the financial year-end. Most companies have their financial year end in December and it's really stressful to do so many companies at the same time. )

So I told the person, okay, sure, if they couldn't find anyone else to do it, I would be willing to help out. I was told that there would be a meeting coming up soon and I was expected to attend.. sigh.. I hate attending meetings.

My thoughts - I've never been a member of the Red Crescent society and suddenly, even before I join, I'm being promoted to become the treasurer. :)

No comments: