Others (under construction)

Monday, January 26, 2009

CNY 2009-1st Day

Happy Chinese New Year to all, especially those who are born in the year of the ox. :). My mom, Rachel, I were born in the year of the ox (yes, we are that old already). And no, we don't look at the Chinese horoscopes to check what will happen to us this year. We are not that superstitious. :)

We, the children had plans to have breakfast in my parents' house. That's what we do every 1st day of the Chinese New Year. I can't remember when was the first time we did this, but I remembered Rachel was the one who suggested it. We would buy some eggs, baked beans and luncheon meat. Rachel would volunteer to cook them for us. When Tusi came two years ago, she took over from Rachel.

I arrived at my parents' house slightly after 9AM. Esther and her family was already there. Rachel came half an hour later. While waiting for Rachel to arrive, we distributed the ang pows.

This is a picture of my mom giving me an ang pow. Okay, I know I should receive it with both hands... but I was holding the camera in the other hand.

This is what we had for breakfast today. Usually Sze-En had the honour of setting the table, but Tusi did that task before Sze-En arrived.

My parents and Sze-En, all in red.

Even Molly was wearing her CNY dress.

After breakfast, I went over to the hospital to visit Mctc's mom. She had difficulty breathing and was warded yesterday at the Tuanku Jaafar Hospital. Minch's grandma had a fall a week plus ago and fractured her pubic bone. She was also warded in this hospital.

I don't know about Mctc's mom or Minch's grandmother, but I feel sad for them because they had to spend CNY in hospital.

No comments: